Re: lynx-dev Lynx on IBM's AS400 ?

From: Roger Hill
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx on IBM's AS400 ?
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 07:14:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998 address@hidden wrote:

>> Hi !
>>
>> I'm looking for a broser running on IBM's AS400 (System V4R1). Lynx
>> seems to be the only text-W3-broser having the possibility of being
>> ported to IBM's 5250-Emu. So this is my question: Is there such a
>> version of Lynx?
>no one has mentioned this system - isn't a 5250 a synchronous terminal?
>(if you have a workable curses library, that should do most of it)

No such thing on a 400, as far as I know.

But, Guenther, you mentioned 5250-emu, which implies that you are
using a PC of some sort to emulate the 5250; so can you not hotkey to
DOS, open another window (whatever) and use the Lynx appropriate for
that?

Or is it that your 400 is on the net,but you do not have a network
connection to the PC??

I suspect you may be out of luck, if that is the case.

Roger
Roger Hill, McEnearney Alstons (Barbados) Ltd    E-mail:address@hidden
Tel:246-426-5764/230-9596                           Fax:246-426-8626