lynx-dev blind copies (was something)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev blind copies (was something)
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 10:55:04 -0400 (EDT)

980902 Nelson Henry Eric wrote:
> 980901 Greg Marr wrote:
>> Why is allowing BCC a bug?
> Opinions differ, but the point is here that Lynx DOES NOT HAVE CODE
> for handling Bcc, nor does it control what is happening, nor is there
> anyway to turn it off as you might want to do with an anonymous account.

i hear your concerns as the manager of an anonymous-accessible Lynx
on this issue & others recently.  i sense an on-going background problem
that Lynx -- which was once seen by the then-principal developers
as designed for multi-user systems typically with anonymous users --
has evolved into something much more frequently employed by individuals
on a PC or UNIX shell account or ISP for registered paying clients.
hence your concerns are tending to be less urgent for the rest of us:
i can't see why blind-copying should be any threat to my use of Lynx,
though clearly it should be corrected if it's a threat to yours.

i suggest that as a matter of basic policy, Lynx should rely
on the appropriate command-line switch (is it  -anonymous ?)
to switch off ALL features which present security problems
(except the ubiquitous  /tmp  problems, perhaps);
this is already largely the case, i believe.
this would allow simplification of  userdefs.h  &  lynx.cfg .
(i simply skip over `anonymous', so i'm not sure exactly where it all is.)

so here, what you need is to have blind-copying suppressed by  -anonymous .
is that difficult?