Re: lynx-dev character sets

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev character sets
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 00:10:04 +0400 (MSD)

> Thanks for all your comments.
> Setting display charset to cp437 seems to have done the trick!
> I'm still not clear on the difference between preferred doc charset and
> assumed do charset, and why one appears on the
> old options menu and the other appears on forms-options menu.
>
> But at least the funny graphics have gone away! :)
> --le

I made an attempt to clarify the situation:
preferred doc charset now moved to another part of options menu,
and Display Character Sets names in options menu changed
to make them more human-readable (this not affect internal MIME names :-)).

It styled from Netscape 4.x menu. Any vote against?

#    Western (ISO-8859-1)
#    Western (cp850)
#    Western (windows-1252)
#    IBM PC US codepage (cp437)