Re: lynx-dev Re: download page

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: download page
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 09:12:16 -0400 (EDT)

980903 SKY wrote:
> (03/09/1998 05:51) Laura Eaves:
>> On the download page, what is the purppose of putting a link
>> to the lynx user's guide at the top of the page?
>> This is an annoying change from the old download page
>> as I have to arrow down a link to get the save-to-disk option.
> This is a serious problem. So now I think we should either get rid
> of all help links from UIPs (except Options page)
> or try to sort the _new_ problems which doesn't look like easy.
> So far everybody wanted to go back to old style,
> but nobody tried to sort _new_ problems :-).
> this 'context sensitive pages' has to be dealt with after oncoming release.
> Anymore opinions?

i haven't used the new version, but i would definitely be annoyed like LE
if i found i had to skip an extra link every time i use Download/Print.
i don't remember ever hearing what was wrong with the traditional version.
don't feel too discouraged, but you have to ask people first
if you have an idea for a new feature, then decide what to do yourself.