Re: lynx-dev LYNX: "&#151": em-dash?

From: Heikki Kantola
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: "&#151": em-dash?
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 12:02:49 +0300

According to Philip Webb <address@hidden>:
> 980903 David Combs wrote:
> > This code:  who&#151;he's my boss&#151;who runs
> > comes out as  who-he's my boss-who runs .
> > maybe we should show it as "--" or, even better, as " -- ".
>
> yes, i've noticed this regularly in one newspaper (Washington Post?).
> you're right, it should be ` -- ': that's correct secretarial style.
>
> and while we're on it, Lynx should write  2  spaces after a full stop:
> that's also professional secretarial practice.

I would vote no as I don't feel like that Lynx should mess with illegal
HTML (in this case using unknown character reference entities matching
Windoze charset positions).

--
  *  H e i k k i   K a n t o l a  *  | Report all instances that you see
   IRC: Hezu                         | of spam abuse. Civilized people need