Re: lynx-dev Lynx cannot cooperate with MS Web Server

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx cannot cooperate with MS Web Server
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 09:38:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 5 Sep 1998, Michael Goertz wrote:

> you will already know it, but recently I found out that my favourite and
> beloved browser lynx is not able to cooperate with MS Web Server. When I
> contact a web site running that system, I always get a 400 error (e.g.
> www.gmx.net). I wonder if this has been programmed by MS intentionally...
>
> My question is: Are you planning to write a patch for lynx to make that
> possible?

I had no problems accessing that site and several links on it with
lynx2.8.2dev.24. Besides, it doesn't use a Microsoft server, but
Apache/1.2.4. Which lynx version are you using?

Ismael

       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden           |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://www.cam.org/~ismael/     |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ismael/ |