Re: lynx-dev Non-English input prompts

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Non-English input prompts
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 12:40:29 -0400

On Sat, Sep 05, 1998 at 05:23:50PM -0700, David Combs wrote:
> RE  "MxN help directories".
> Maybe this group can limit itself to putting in HOOKS for pointing at
> different directories, that some lynx ADMINISTRATOR can, if he/she
> wants, can make point to something.
> But any work on actual translated text, etc, should be totally
> segregated from the code set maintained by THIS group.

Gettext() works by maintaining message catalogs separately from the
executable, so users or administrators could select their preferred
message display language by simply setting "LANG." The main advantage
of this scheme over the current #include method is that the switch can
be done at run-time, rather than compile time. New or better message
catalogs are added externally to the Lynx install process.

------
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
Don't think for a moment that I enjoyed doing that because I didn't.