Re: lynx-dev partial link highlighting?

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev partial link highlighting?
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 11:17:42 +0400 (MSD)

>> I get the same behavior configured as follows:
>> --le
>> > When I display a web page, the links are shown in inverse.
>> >
>> > When I go to <URL:http://www.tclconsortium.org/>, the text of the links I s
> ee
>> > only invert about 2/3 of the text.  A link with only 10 characters shows
>> > 6 characters inverted, etc.
>> >
>> > Anyone know why this might happen?
> not offhand.  The only rendition change I remember is LE's fix (the other
> stuff shouldn't have changed rendition - unless I or LP made an error).

I saw the same behaviour at www.flora.org (Linux/ncurses 1.99e):
highlited link became several characters less.
This affects the first page and only in partial mode,
seems because we call HText_trimHightext() twice on the same text.

(and no problem on DOS/DJGPP localhost when I test my patch, sorry.
this is a development version anyway...)
Our nearest future:

1) in HText_pageDisplay() we may run HText_trimHightext()
only after HText_beginInput() happen [=e.g. forms input present].
this is not best solution either. Will fix today.

2) fix HTML.c somewhere after HText_beginInput() [several places]
by including parts of HText_trimHightext() to hightext
_only_ those fields that are forms input in fact.
[I do not understand this code].

Leonid.