Re: lynx-dev Lynx colors

From: Roving Reporter
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx colors
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 22:12:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998 address@hidden wrote:
>> I'm using lynx in color and I wonder if there is a way to
>> make the background go away? I want it to stay the same
>> as my default screen color, magenta. (White text on magenta)
>> There's nothing in the .lynxrc file that sets colors but I
>> would be happy to add it, if it's possible. The way it is
>> now, the background is sometimes sort of off-white and it's
>> awkward to read the color text when the screen is two colors
>> in the background.
>that's the "--enable-default-colors" configure option, which relies
>on your terminal supporting the ANSI SGR 39 and 49 (which reset the
>terminal foreground/background colors to "default").  That would
>be something like
>       op=\E[39m\E49m
>in the terminfo.
>
>(It works for about half the color terminal emulations, including
>XFree86 xterm and rxvt).

Um, I'm dialing in on shell to a vt100 with color and I don't have
access to the terminfo file. I am running a csh shell (I think that's how
to phrase it...) I  lost my computer guru when I stopped going to college,
so I don't have an "interpreter" anymore, and I only know a little bit of
Unix. Could someone explain a bit more in depth? -- Thanks.
* Therese Shellabarger      -     address@hidden *
* http://www.concentric.net/~tlshell/   Shalom chaverot! *
* See Deaf Expo at http://www.deafexpo.org/              *
Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing here
should be regarded as representing my employer's opinions.