Re: lynx-dev suppress most indents for Braille terminals

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev suppress most indents for Braille terminals
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 00:16:30 -0400 (EDT)

980912 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> 980912 Philip Webb wrote:
>> i've long wondered why Lynx wastes several spaces at the right margin.
> It "wastes" one space at the right-margin, because some older versions
> of curses (also slang) don't do wraparound consistently.

i just checked the WP news story displayed by my suspended Lynx 2-8pre.2
& it has a 3-space indent at left & ends every line of the story
at column  <= 73 ; the Title is right-justified to column 79.
that wastes a total of  9  spaces, ie  > 11 %  available display.
shouldn't Lynx at least have an option to use all  79  columns?

(it's today's top story, the Russian economy ... )