lynx-dev Lynx and nonworking pwd

From: Pavel Machek
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx and nonworking pwd
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 02:09:34 +0200

Hi!

When playing with virtual filesystems, I found that lynx ./file.html
may fail if it is not possible to get current
directory. (i.e. mkdirhier /tmp/delme/x; chmod 111 /tmp/delme; cd
/tmp/delme/x; lynx ./file.html). I do not think it is too serious,
still it probably should be fixed. Version information:

address@hidden:/tmp/delme/x$ lynx -version
shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent
directories
job-working-directory: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access
parent directories
shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent
directories
job-working-directory: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access
parent directories
shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent
directories
job-working-directory: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access
parent directories
shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent
directories
job-working-directory: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access
parent directories

Lynx Version 2.8rel.2 (1998)
Copyrights held by the University of Kansas, CERN, and other contributors.
Distributed under the GNU General Public License.
See http://lynx.browser.org/ and the online help for more information.

                                                                        Pavel
PS: Please Cc: me any replies to address@hidden, my mailer seems to be crazy.