Re: lynx-dev cookie problem

From: brian j. pardy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev cookie problem
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 15:09:22 -0700

Laura Eaves wrote:
> i just noticed a problem on shopping.com that only occurs when I use
> persistent cookies -- at least the problem goes away when I delete my
> cookies file.
> When I don't delete the cookies file and try to navigate the site
> or go to checkout, I keep getting the same home page back over and
> over, no matter what I do.  Sorry I don't have other info.  Would a
> trace help?  What could be the problem?
> If there are statusline messages they go by so fast I can't see them.
> Thanx in advance.
> --le
> PS:  I'm using dev26

I've noticed something similar on the nytimes.com site, where after
logging in with a username/password I receive a cookie, but after that I
can't authenticate properly with them.

I always attributed it to improper cookie handling on their end, as there
are other sites (www.slashdot.org) that seem to handle persistent cookies
properly.

It might be Lynx's fault, though.

--
"Oh, I see!  I just lean on ^K until it beeps.  Yup, that's slick." -Fluffy
"This is a text medium. Remember that emoticons are your friends." -T Dozier