Re: lynx-dev cookie handling idea -- "max expire time"

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev cookie handling idea -- "max expire time"
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 17:16:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 13 Sep 1998, Al Gilman wrote:
>Yes, in an ideal world cookes would be managed under a unified
>record management system with age-driven cleanup.  But lynx
>should not go out on a limb to provide this.  And a fixed
>max-keep-time is not so much what you want as interactive or
>automatic pruning of the cookie jar sorted by
>time-since-last-use.

I don't know how cookies are actually stored on disk, but this would
seem to be a good utility that could accompany lynx, rather than being
built into lynx.  Something the user could run manually or as a cron job would
be cool.

(I've known about cron for a very very long time, but only recently started
using it -- along with Lynx to mail myself a copy of the StudioBriefing
report on the IMDB.. So cool! Now I don't have to start up a web browser to
read it!)