Re: lynx-dev change of current download directory?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev change of current download directory?
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 23:48:32 -0400 (EDT)

980913 Juhana Kouhia wrote:
> I didn't find any key for changing the current download directory.

when Lynx asks for a file name, simply enter the full path you want.
that's on UNIX: on Win/DOS  \  may cause a small complication:
i believe this was discussed recently: see  www.flora.org/lynx-dev/ .

> My other suggestion would be a download the current page
> with all images and inlines. Such that I may look at that page
> with Netscape at home with images and all.

you can define a viewer like  xv  to view images with Lynx.

> how about "load current page/link with wget".
> Wget parameters could be varied -- one could be "wget -q -np -r".

you can define Wget as a downloader in  lynx.cfg .

generally, suggestions for Lynx get implemented
only when the person suggesting them has the time & skill to do so.