Re: lynx-dev suppress most indents for Braille terminals

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev suppress most indents for Braille terminals
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 17:58:52 -0400 (EDT)

> d> Other (older) bugs that I'll do in dev27 (I hope):
>
> d>    + EMX version doesn't translate local pathnames correctly into WWW
> d>      form (so the internal pages don't work yet).
>
> I don't doubt it, but what in particular is it doing wrong (and
> where)?  There's so much ad-hockery in the EMX version's filename
> handling that anything could be happening (mostly my fault).
I have part of it in my changes for dev27 -- used HTLocalName to substitute
for places that skip over "file://localhost" and "file:".  Once I'm done
retesting that, and fixing some nonportable stuff in the sed scripts for
the install rules, I'll have dev27 done -- and start prerelease.

Going the other way, there's not enough general support (local to www),
though I've been nibbling away at it for some time.  We'll continue that
after 2.8.1, since it "works" more/less as is.

(I don't have a network interface on my OS/2 box, though - so I don't
have a way to test Bela's fixes other than that they compile properly -
so if you have that set up, it'd be nice to have it tested).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden