lynx-dev Re: Configuration Definitions

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Configuration Definitions
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 14:29:41 +0400 (MSD)

>              Configuration Definitions (Lynx Version 2.8.1dev.26)
> config.cache

Thanks! Looks reasonable.
I think we should expand another page for lynx.cfg:

"lynx.cfg"
<parse all lines that are non blanc and not commented out with '#'>

if "INCLUDE:path_for_lynx.cfg" detected parse it as next sections:
"include previous path_for_lynx.cfg"
<parse as above>
(up to 10 includes as LYReadCFG.c limit)

Really, a clean distribution's lynx.cfg have only two or three
uncommented lines, but it is much better to look them from here
than reading 90K lynx.cfg (we still recommend reading lynx.cfg
to see the list of options available, but this is a different subject).

Another _very_ useful info is userdefs.h settings:
lots of them may be changed from lynx.cfg so we need to know
whether some settings were changed from distributions default
(probably we should store such settings in configure script
and keep them in sync with userdefs.h until release). So the last section:

"precompiled settings"
<parse only those that differs
from distribution's lynx.cfg/userdefs.h defaults>

Leonid.