Re: lynx-dev <center> inserts <p>

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev <center> inserts <p>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 16:14:33 -0400 (EDT)

to follow up on what Philip Webb said:

> therefore, Lynx should not gratuitously insert blank lines round  <div>'s,
> especially in view of the explicit examples i cited from HTML 4.0 .

I'm just saying that Lynx _may_ put blank lines around <DIV> just
as it _may_ put blank lines around <P>.

In HTML 4 they have taken pains to separate HTML from such
decisions.  Illustrative examples notwithstanding.

<CENTER> doesn't really fit into the HTML 4 architecture; it
wasn't in HTML 3.0 so it doesn't fit into the Lynx architecture.
How it is handled is a hack even in HTML 4.

But if someone wants to make this cosmetic change, I won't
object to the new layout, either.

Al