Re: lynx-dev Novice query

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Novice query
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 12:25:51 -0400 (EDT)

980918 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> 980918 Barrie Stott wrote:
>> I want to download a file foo.html in directory .../bar/ on a remote site.
>> I am allowed to access the file but not the directory.
>> How do I download the file?
> You _may_ be able to access the directory via ftp
> or press backspace, to get the history-list,
> and download the item you're pointing to.
>> I am connected to a VMS system running lynx 2.5
>> (and may not have the clout to get something more recent).
> That's rather old (2.7.2 and 2.8 date back to the beginning of 1998,
> and we're looking for testers for 2.8.1, in case you're interested...

2-5 came out in early 1996, so you should use whatever clout you have.
get 2-8 from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release/
or 2-8-1dev.28 from  sol.slcc.edu/lynx/current/ :
there have been large developments to the Internet & Lynx since 1995.
it's not difficult to compile your own Lynx, if you have shell access.