Re: lynx-dev dev.28 and FORMS_OPTIONS problems

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev.28 and FORMS_OPTIONS problems
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 14:17:31 +0400 (MSD)

>> > so far I think it's ok as 'experimental' (I'm using it).
>>
>> Sorry, I should have been more clear. I think that Leonid recently
>> asked if anyone objected to the forms-based option being the default.
>> What I meant to say is that I think that we need to debug it more
>> before making it the default. The section that bothers me the most
>> is the multi-bookmark section, since that has been hard for many
>> new users to configure with the old option menu. It seems much more
>> difficult with the forms-based option menu. In general, I like the

This is the same problem as with charset/rawmode settings:
they are dependent (obvious for old-style menu)
but HTML forms should be proccessed in one stage (I think)
until we find something better. Currently it works OK
if you change only one of those dependent option
and try another on the next 'o'ptions visit.
(Though, it was possible to made it OK for any charset/assume/rawmode
combinations entered in one stage.)

Anyway, if 2.8.1 will be released without forms-options by default
I insist on a switch in lynx.cfg (very simple to implement)
so we should not recompile the binary to try another options.