Re: lynx-dev "hidden links" command

From: Mike Castle
Subject: Re: lynx-dev "hidden links" command
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 21:37:26 -0500 (CDT)

Amazingly enough Al Gilman said:
> Is there really reason enough to make any change?
>
> Few enough people remap the key bindings.  Those who do, probably
> have good reasons.
>
> So for now, I would vote no: don't pull anything out of the
> mappable set of commands.

My reasoning behing this was not that people change the default keys, but
rather that the default keys don't always map logically in other languages.

Does "list" start with the letter 'l' in every language?  If not, then when
messages are translated, they have to add in extra phrases that say
basically the same thing as my original message did:  press the 'L' key to
display the list.

And considering the recent work going on in the way of language support, it
makes sense to kill two birds with one stone:

1) always keep the key listed correct
2) keep phrasing of the messages in the various languages consistent

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  address@hidden  and be right all the time, or not work at all