Re: lynx-dev Behavior of NNTPSERVER parameter changed?

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Behavior of NNTPSERVER parameter changed?
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 05:32:34 -0400 (EDT)

> > I may have missed it in the recent CHANGES files but it appears
> > current dev versions of lynx no longer seem to use this NNTPSERVER
> > parameter in lynx.cfg even though it is listed there?
> >
> > If I define NNTPSERVER as a shell environment variable, news: URLs
> > work.  If it is undefined (but is listed in lynx.cfg), the Lynx.trace
>
> Verified, and THANK YOU.  I had been wondering for the last few months
> why I could no longer access news.  I'm not sure when it happened, but
> 2.8.1dev.4 uses the value in lynx.cfg.  It stopped working from the time
> I updated in August, ca. 2.8.1dev.20.
it was a bug-report on the Debian list (though, in Monday morning mode,
I don't recall citing the source -- on my list).

I think we're pretty close now.  The only "new" bugs that I have seen:

        + something (in my recent changes) broke the mapping of F1 for slang
          to help.

        + I noticed that (as far back as 2.8) if I type

                lynx makefile

          that the tabs are rendered as newlines (though it works properly
          when displaying the file in normal fashion).

I'll probably put the F1 fix into the pre-release series if no one comes up
with something worse.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden