Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1dev.29 (NNTPSERVER)

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1dev.29 (NNTPSERVER)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 21:17:00 +0400 (MSD)

>> > 1998-09-20 (2.8.1dev.29)
>>
>> > * add special case to handle NNTPSERVER environment variable, which had bee
>> >   lowercased as part of LYReadCFG.c cleanup (reported by Wilson Cheung
>> >   <address@hidden>) - TD
>>
>> Tom, we probably should not force LYLowerCase nor LYUpperCase here:
>> as we may see from new "Lynx.cfg Information" page,
>> "name" and "value" hold exact case information from lynx.cfg
>> and user is responsible for it.
>> (but internal tbl_xx->name is lowercase of course).
> my changelog entry may be confusing: the name read from lynx.cfg is
> compare to the table in case-independent match with strcasecomp.  Then,
> the table name _was_ used as the argument to getenv.  I changed the
> argument to an uppercased string (in this instance, the working string
> from lynx.cfg, since the table itself is const/readonly).

Yes, this is not a user input (I was wrong),
but you may put NNTPSERVER uppercase into the table
and restore "case CONF_ENV:" as it was before dev29 with tbl->name:

*******It was before dev29*******

        case CONF_ENV:
            if (getenv (tbl->name) == 0) {
#ifdef VMS
                Define_VMSLogical(tbl->name, value);
#else
                char tmpbuf[MAX_LINE_BUFFER_LEN];
                sprintf (tmpbuf, "%s=%s", tbl->name, value);
                if ((q->str_value = (char **)calloc(1, sizeof(char **))) != 0) {
                        StrAllocCopy(*(q->str_value), tmpbuf);
                        putenv (*(q->str_value));
                }
#endif