Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.1

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.1
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 16:48:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998 address@hidden wrote:

> > - The "Modify location/Change location" command doesn't work a at all.
> > It doesn't accept sub-directories in the current directory, full pathes,
> > ".." (Alert!: Destination is not a valid directory! Request denied.) or
> > "~" (Alert!: Unable to get status of '/tmp/ismael/~'.)
>
> will see (perhaps that was from dev29)

No, it is older than dev29. A long time ago, I believe in the time of
Foteos, Lynx stooped recognizing the "~", then, maybe a dozen or half-dozen
versions ago, it stopped recognizing everything.

> > - Having compiled it with slang 1.2.2 and with "enable-warnings" on
> > Solaris 2.5 and FreeBSD 2.2.7, I noticed that some warnings were the
> > same in both platforms. Here they are:
>
> I usually compile with warnings (so I'm aware of these).
>
> short of copying data into temporary buffers, those const warnings won't
> go away (and even copying them wouldn't work - there's too many machines
> that have strcpy as
>       extern char *strcpy(char *dst, char *src);
> to match the ones with
>       extern char *strcpy(char *dst, const char *src);
>
> The unsigned warnings are doable (but I'm not going to use casts - that
> obscures rather than fixing the problem). But that sort of thing is what I
> do _early_ in a development cycle (e.g., I'll do more during the 2.8.2
> development, but for 2.8.1 it's stable).

Well, it seems that all those warnings don't do any harm to Lynx but I
thought that you should know, in case you didn't...

By the way, if you leave an empty line between the quotes and your text (as
I did above with your text), your messages would be easier to read.

Ismael

       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden           |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://www.cam.org/~ismael/     |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ismael/ |