Re: lynx-dev what is "compile time settings"

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev what is "compile time settings"
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 08:13:41 -0400 (EDT)

to follow up on what Nelson Henry Eric said:

> On the info page there is a link "compile time settings":
>    Linkname: Configuration Definitions
>
> I can't really see as how it's going to benefit anyone except
> someone who understands programming.  Seems to me it could be
> off by default.

Anyone who tries to understand the operation of lynx.cfg and
.lynxrc can benefit from this information.  It really helps to
know what the program is supposed to do if you say nothing.
Since that may vary from binary to binary, the distributed help
files can't tell you this information, and the generated
information sub-page is needed.

Al