Re: lynx-dev what is "compile time settings"

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: lynx-dev what is "compile time settings"
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 10:47:56 +0900 (JST)

> > > On the info page there is a link "compile time settings":
[...]
> may consider disabling in anonymous mode, since each user gets that little
> 5kb file.  (if you have a _lot_ of users that adds up).

Moan, it's worse than I thought.  Anyway, let's do it after the release
unless it's quick.  It really should be disabled completely in anonymous
mode, since it gives out information about the file system in general.
It also gives information which might ease the analysis efforts of the
"evil" ones out there who are just dying to abuse any hole in Lynx.

__Henry