lynx-dev Problems upgrading from 2-7-1 to 2-8 on IRIX

From: Allen Smith
Subject: lynx-dev Problems upgrading from 2-7-1 to 2-8 on IRIX
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 23:53:44 -0400

Hi. I'm trying to upgrade from a (functioning, with FANCY_CURSES)
Lynx 2-7-1 to Lynx 2-8. When I allow configure to set everything, it
doesn't set FANCY_CURSES (despite that the curses on here does indeed
allow underlines, bold, etcetera), and the result looks horrible and
is hard to read. When I manually set FANCY_CURSES in lynx_cfg.h, the
result is that it looks fine... but when I go to the options screen,
I can't press enter after modifying a variable (the editor, as it
happens in this case). It simply sits there as if I had never entered
anything.

I've tried downloading both slang and ncurses; neither works right
(apparently partially because IRIX is a termcap system, not
terminfo). Slang causes all sorts of weird things with the colors, and
ncurses doesn't seem to be able to tell that the terminal (xwsh) is
capable of color in the first place.

Any suggestions?

        Thanks,

        -Allen