Re: lynx-dev install lynx2-8-1-dev25-intl on DU 3.2

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: Re: lynx-dev install lynx2-8-1-dev25-intl on DU 3.2
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 23:54:05 -0400

On Mon, Sep 21, 1998 at 08:19:16PM +0200, Claude SOMA - CNTS wrote:
> Here some problems installing lynx2-8-1-dev25-intl
> on Digital UNIX V3.2D-1
> 1) compiling bindtextdom.c
> error:/usr/lib/cmplrs/cc/cfe: Error: ./gettextP.h, line 40: Syntax Error
> why: because inline not defined
> solution: modify config.hin to include inline (is this the good way?)

I'm not sure. When my gettext work is more complete, I'll check on
Digital UNIX. It did build on 4.0A, except for the po dir needing GNU
make.

> 2) in directory po make do nothing because of a bug in makefile
> error: a \ on the last line
> why: ? silently ignored
> [ ... ]
> sh: msgfmt: not found
> So you must have gettext installed before to find msgfmt
> After install gettext => message ok in french

OK.  Again, these issues will be reviewed in detail after 2.8.2
is released.

> Remark:
> -compiling LYMainLoop.c whith optimization is slow and eat up to
> 90 Mb !!!

Yes.  It's on the big list of things to fix.

> Question:
> Is there a translation of help file in french and where ?
> Claude Soma

Not yet (that I know about). Hopefully, releasing an international text
version will spur translation of the help pages as well. I believe they
can be hosted at SLCC if anyone wants to start on them.

Marvin the Paranoid Android.