lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.2

From: dickey
Subject: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.2
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 06:52:35 -0400 (EDT)

That's all of the bugs that I know of (LP sent me a patch for some cosmetic
issues).

1998-09-25 (2.8.1pre.2)
* fixed forms submission charset: was broken by me in dev26 (HText_SubmitForm()
  in GridText.c) - LP
* documentation updates for verbose images - LP
* minor fix for trace message in TrimHightext() -LP
* add compatibility with 2.8/2.7.2 lynx.cfg and (especially) .lynxrc - old
  "character_set" parameter now acceptable - LP
* add OUTGOING_MAIL_CHARSET symbol to lynx.cfg to make mail more recognizable
  by remote recipient, it may be "US-ASCII" for 7 bit approximation as the
  safest case or any other value.  If blank, use display character set
  (default, compatibility).  Currently implemented only for "subject" in
  "print-to-email" - LP
* fix SGML.c so invalid characters are not dispalayed in hex UHHHH but just
  omitted as already done for plain/text mode - LP
* fix download' suggested file name (8bit) - LP
* correct logic error in "Change Location" command, and allow "~" there in
  addition to the existing "~/" prefix (reported by Ismael Cordeiro) - TD
* ifdef'd out "don't replace '\n' with ' ' if Chinese or Japanese" from dev.23,
  with symbol EXP_JAPANESE_SPACES, FIX_JAPANESE_SPACES based on discussion with
  HN, LP - TD
* correct missing '\' in generated sed-script for "make install-help" rule,
  which changed a couple of "/html" substrings to ".html" (reported by BL) - TD
* modify cfg_defs.sh script to handle empty token in config.cache, e.g., a line
  such as "foo=${foo=}" (reported by Philip Chong <address@hidden>) - TD
* modify so that lynx_cfg_infopage() and lynx_compile_opts() pages are not
  invoked when Lynx is running -anonymous - TD

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden