Re: lynx-dev Cookie problems?

From: Mike Castle
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Cookie problems?
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 23:11:41 -0500 (CDT)

Amazingly enough brian j. pardy said:
> A possible way might be to use COOKIE_FILE.pid to save cookies within
> a session (after reading them from COOKIE_FILE at startup), and reconciling
> with COOKIE_FILE at quit time -- possibly with the addition of a -fix_cookies
> option or helper script to reconcile in the case of a session that exited
> abnormally and didn't get to clean up.

What about using a cookie directory rather than a cookie file?

I don't know what the format of the cookie file is, but if it's something
equivalent to:

lhs = rhs

Instead of having a bunch of lines in the file, have a directory witha
bunch of files known as 'lhs' where the content of the file is 'rhs'.

You get builtin time stamps that way fromt he file system as well.

Though this does have the drawback of requiring appropriate file system
level support (ie, subdirs, long file names, etc).  Oh well, maybe not.

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  address@hidden  and be right all the time, or not work at all