Re: lynx-dev Partial display feature

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Partial display feature
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 01:25:29 +0400 (MSD)

>      * From: Eric <address@hidden>

> It appears that from dev(25?) up until at least pre1 (I haven't tried
> pre2 yet) Lynx's partial display now displays the page as it comes in
> by page, that is, the screen will remain blank until the first full page
> of the html document is downloaded and rendered.  Contrast this with the
> earlier handling, where the rendered webpage is displayed as each new

There is the parameter
``minimum number of lines received before we force first repaint''
it was set to 2 but recently was changed to the screen height (~24).
The reason was to reduce discomfort on very slow network connection.
It may be easily changed back (probably from lynx.cfg?) if there is any vote.