lynx-dev Re: Need your help on running LYNX

From: Henry E. Nelson
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Need your help on running LYNX
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 09:51:37 +0900 (JST)

All questions about Lynx should be sent to "address@hidden",
the Lynx developers' mailing list.  You do not have to subscribe
to post.

>       I have successfully installed LYNX on my HP UNIX workstation but can
> not access internet. When I start LYNX, I got the following error message:
>

>                                                       Error- 403
>
> Access denied by policy

Probably exactly what it says.  Why don't you try starting Lynx with
a local file at first (in lynx.cfg):
        STARTFILE:file://localhost/home/your/acct/some.html

Perhaps setting your hostname, alias or domain would help (also lynx.cfg):
        LYNX_HOST_NAME:
        LOCALHOST_ALIAS:
        LOCAL_DOMAIN:
Perhaps you need to use a proxy (see lynx.cfg).

__Henry