Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.6 on HP/Apollo and Linux

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.6 on HP/Apollo and Linux
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 18:49:34 -0400 (EDT)

> HP status update: I have been able to build and run lynx2.8.1pre.6 on both
> HP-UX 10.20 and Apollo Domain/OS 10.4.1 - limited testing so far, but most
> seems OK. One problem I noted (and it turns out this existed in dev.26,
> but I hadn't tried it) is that Ctrl/Z on the HP-UX build no longer
> suspends the process. Instead, the display just flickers constantly until
> I kill the process.

I haven't looked at that for a while - will do that.  Thanks.
(it may be related to the changes for partial-display, since those
make Lynx look at type-ahead characters...)

> Linux status: it builds fine on my Linux (2.0.33, Caldera OpenLinux 1.2,
> i686) but when I try to execute it, I get:
>
>   ./lynx: can't resolve symbol 'define_key'

'define_key' is a symbol in ncurses (I'll check/see if I ifdef'd it
incorrectly - perhaps I simply ifdef'd it against NCURSES rather than
HAVE_DEFINE_KEY -- it's only in ncurses 4.2)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden