Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.6 : options

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.6 : options
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 22:11:01 -0400 (EDT)

981002 Al Gilman wrote, presumably re the Option Help page:
> I am concerned about the instructions concerning the "editor" setting.
> Can this be anything in your path
> or should the name be a fully qualified reference?
> What directory does it assume you are in when you write this?
> -- that sort of thing.

well, i can't answer that:
presumably anything in your path, for which you give the full path;
my entry is  /local/user/bin/edit  (roughly), ie the sysadmin's editor.
by all means let's improve this bit of documentation now or later.

NB i just noticed that the Options Forms page is arranged alphabetically,
so i will revise my revision of the Option Help page to match.
TD: if it's going into 2-8-1, please check you get my latest version.