Re: lynx-dev Documentation patch

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Documentation patch
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 12:40:35 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Klaus Peter Wegge wrote:

> The tcplib ports in
> ftp://neonatal.sm.ic.ac.uk/ (new)

Now  ftp://neonatal.sm.med.ic.ac.uk

> and
> http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/wlynx/source/djgpp.zip
> differ in sources in several places.
> Which one should be used?
> What are the differences?

This is an unanswered question. These clearly differ in several areas,
but both seem to work. Which works better, or in which circumstances
is unknown to me. Neither works for ftp or news, although the package
from neonatal has a ftp module that works on its own. I have been
using the package from neonatal with small modifications. With Paul
Dixon's permission I have just put up the modified version that I have
been using on my server. See the file "CHANGES" for what is know about
modifications since DJ Delories original changes for lynx 2.6. The
file is now at:
"http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/tcplibdj.zip"; or at
"ftp://ftp.rahul.net/pub/dkaufman/tcplibdj.zip";

Note that there are many warnings on compilation. I don't know if any
of these points to a problem that may be affecting the inability to
use ftp or news.
                                Doug
__
Doug Kaufman