Re: lynx-dev Compilation failure of lynx 2.8.1pre.2 on HPUX

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Compilation failure of lynx 2.8.1pre.2 on HPUX
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 19:04:41 -0400 (EDT)

> I have recompiled lynx2.8.1pre6 successfully on
>
> HP-UX nobel B.10.20 U 9000/800 258218321 unlimited-user license
>
> by including Gnu sed 3.02 in my PATH. With the installed sed,
> the compile still crashes.
With a little analysis, we may be able to use the installed sed.
(I'm able to do this on all other Unix platforms)

It's not clear to me if the sed program produces a garbled help_files.sed,
or if the sed program cannot process the commands that are in the
makefile.

To see what I'm talking about, look in the top-level makefile for the
line
        @echo Constructing sed-script
and then
        @echo Appending interim-fix for existing html files
Those two chunks of script are building a new file
        $(helpdir)/help_files.sed

I'd like to see what (if anything) goes into that file.  (It is automatically
removed a few lines further in the makefile, so you may have to remove

        -rm -f $(helpdir)/help_files.sed

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden