Re: lynx-dev DOS builds of pre.6

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev DOS builds of pre.6
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 12:08:48 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 4 Oct 1998, Wayne Buttles wrote:

> What is better for DOS and why, slang or pdcurses?  Does either add mouse
> support for the dos port?  I actually have a beat up pre2.3 version of
> pdcurses for win32 which is where my mouse support comes from.

I really don't know which is better. Slang gives more choice of
background color than pdcurses. The color of the border in popup
boxes is still broken in the pdcurses port. Both pdcurses and slang
allow some remapping of DOS keys. The plain slang port (makefile.wsl)
offers the least ability to map keys, with pdcurses (makefile.dos)
next, and the slang with djgpp keyhandler (makefile.dsl) offering the
most flexibility. Since the last is an attempt to meld two different
systems, there may still be bugs in it, although I believe that it now
seems to be working well. I saw a recent report on comp.os.msdos.djgpp
that ncurses 4.2 has been ported to djgpp, but I haven't tried to
build lynx with it. I don't know if anyone has tried yet.

No one has put mouse support into the djgpp port, as far as I know.
                              Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)