Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.8

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.8
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 01:14:17 -0700

Philip Webb wrote:

> AND FINALLY: haven't we added enough new features & tested things enough
> to call the product  *** Lynx 2-9 *** (or 2.9, if you prefer) ?

We certainly haven't added anything big enough to go to 3.0.  If we go
to 2.9, there's very little breathing room left before 3.0.  So, best to
be conservative with version numbers until something really big does
get added -- e.g. XML, or horizontal scrolling and real table support,
or java/javascript support, that sort of thing.