Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.8

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.8
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 05:26:49 -0400 (EDT)

> Tom Dickey wrote:
>
> >     + Bela is investigating a problem which may be due to NSL_FORK
>
> To be precise, Bela is waiting for David Combs to reply with system call
> and Lynx trace info.  I've done nothing more than the previous message
> to the list, and the research that went into it (basically, looking at
> the code and imagining how we could get out of the fork loop without
> having properly waited for the child).

thanks - I've read through the code a couple of times, and (of course)
don't see the problem either.  My live connection to the net at work is
via a SunOS box, so I can test it if I know what to look for. (But iirc,
I've been using random snapshots of Lynx w/o problem).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden