Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.8 bug(2)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.8 bug(2)
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 08:39:17 -0400 (EDT)

981005 Leonid Pauzner wrote:
> From: Philip Webb <address@hidden>
>> bug (2) the Option Form refuses to write the new options to disk
>> if  .lynxrc  already exists.
> It works for all of us.
> Nothing special from trace, something on your side:
> save_rc() cannot open rcfile and returns with FALSE.
-- fragment of Lynx code snipped --

this is not very helpful: where does this fragment of code come from?
where is  rcfile  defined?  what is  fp ?  there's no context to tell me.

there's no question a bug has been introduced with 2-8-1pre.6 :
(1) 2-8pre.2 saves the rc file on top of an existing rc file;
(2) 2-8-1pre.6 saves the rc file if there isn't one already there;
(3) 2-8-1pre.6 refuses to save the rc file if it already exists.

i can try narrowing it down by compiling 2-8-1pre.6 with Options Menu,
but can anyone offer a genuine suggestion why it's not opening  .lynxrc ?