Re: lynx-dev comments on "compile time settings"

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev comments on "compile time settings"
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 08:47:27 -0400 (EDT)

> > > Some things that ought to change, but not until after 2.8.1 is
> > > released...
> > >
> > > Currently, as soon as you go to the INFO page ('='), temp files are
> > > immediately created to hold the "compile time settings" and "your
> > > lynx.cfg" pages.  I think these should be created on demand.  I also
> > I thought of that, but didn't know how (suggestions are welcome - I see you
> > are doing that here).
> >
> > afaik, if I pass the info-page to Lynx, the related pages have to be
> > available.
>
> Well, yes, since the INFO page, as currently created, has URLs in it
> that refer to temp files!  If it was created with "about:compile", the
> handler for that would do whatever it did.  e.g. if you GOTO
> "LYNXKEYMAP:", it does the right thing without having pre-created the
> data for that.
yes - I've seen things like that in the code (it didn't make the proper
impression - mostly I've noticed those because there's inconsistencies
since the various lists are inline and there should be utility routines
to cover common code).

but I suppose we can decide if it's a small enough change to put into
pre.9 or pre.10 (this _is_ dragging on ;-).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden