Re: lynx-dev comments on "compile time settings"

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev comments on "compile time settings"
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 08:44:19 -0400 (EDT)

> Philip Webb wrote:
>
> > > Before anything else, download pre.8 (or 9 if Tom gets ahead of you)
> > -- snip --
> >
> > no, you've misunderstood (and i did make a nice clean build):
> > the problem arose between 2-8pre.2 -- which was released February 1998 --
> > & 2-8-1pre.6 -- a recent enough version of current development:
> > it's a 2-8 vs 2-8-1 problem, not a problem within recent devt versions.
> > i can look thro' CHANGES, but people who were working on Options
> > should be able to locate individual changes more quickly than me.
>
> Oh boy ... lots of change, everywhere, between those two versions.

ugh (lots of change, I agree).  I can make some intermediate versions
available, so we can do a binary-search - that's time-consuming unless
I know what we're looking for.  (I can test Solaris directly, and it
does save .lynxrc)

> It would help even more if you could pinpoint which release broke it.  I
> dunno where you can find a repository of every release since forever...
> Tom says the patches are available, I'm not sure where.  At least one
> old intermediate version is still on sol.slcc.edu: 2.8.1dev.16.zip.  You
> should at least check that one out.

Since patch-o-matic is not working, each time I do a checkin, I also make
a patch - they're in the current webpage.  I check them by applying the
patch to my working copy at home; much simpler than downloading 1.5M each
time.  When I do a test-build other places I test from the tar ball.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden