lynx-dev Request: lynx should accept HTML page from stding

From: Jari Aalto
Subject: lynx-dev Request: lynx should accept HTML page from stding
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 17:45:51 +0300

    Hi, I'm not a member of this list, but from the procmail discussion
    list. Recently the shortcoming of lynx not accept HTML from stdin
    was discussed. Many users would like to use the -dump feature to convert
    incoming html into readable plain text with procmail command

            :0 B fbw
            * ()<HTML>
            | lynx -dump

    The command says that when (B)ody of mail matches <HTML> tag, then
    (f)ilter (b)ody and (w)ait for command

        lynx -dump

    to accept (b)ody of email from stdin. This would effectively feed HTML body
    to lynx and read the response and replace the body with the lynx output.

    Please let us know when new version of lynx is capable of accepting
    HTML from stdin and I record it into my Procmail Tips page at:

        ftp://cs.uta.fi/pub/ssjaaa/pm-tips.html

    jari