Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.6 : comments

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.6 : comments
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 23:41:06 -0700

Allen Smith wrote:

> On Oct 2,  8:56am, Philip Webb (possibly) wrote:
> > 2-8-1pre.6 compiled successfully on IRIX 5.3 :
> > stripped binary is  1,414 M  a/a  1,545 M  for  2-8pre.2
> > (what's the UNIX command to check IRIX version? my notes don't have it).
>
> uname -a. The IRIX version should be after the hostname... although
> I'm not sure why you're wanting it, since you say "IRIX 5.3". BTW,
> what luck regarding curses/ncurses/slang? I've not been able to get
> either of the latter two to work properly on IRIX, and the first (on
> lynxen since 2-7, after FANCY_CURSES stopped being defined for the
> IRIX curses) doesn't work very well.

`configure` defines FANCY_CURSES if the following 9 symbols are
available in your curses headers/library:

  A_BLINK
  A_BOLD
  A_DIM
  A_REVERSE
  A_UNDERLINE
  attroff
  attrset
  keypad
  wattrset

So, which are missing under IRIX?  A_BLINK is only actually needed by
the color styles code, which you are presumably not turning on, if you
can't get color to work at all...

An easy way to answer this: change "/* #undef FANCY_CURSES ... */" to
"#define FANCY_CURSES 1" in lynx_cfg.h; `make`; see if any symbols are
not found.