lynx-dev lynx External command

From: Eduardo Chappa L.
Subject: lynx-dev lynx External command
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 01:15:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

  I would like to use the external feature of lynx to send messages,
instead of the mail command in Lynx that asks me too many questions. I
don't want to disable the mail command.  Whenever my cursor is in a link
of the form mailto:address@hidden and i hit the period key i want to
start pine, so I defined in my cfg file

  EXTERNAL:mailto:pine %s:TRUE

and now you see that when I compose my message the To: field says
mailto:address@hidden; instead of address@hidden Of course I can
delete the unwanted part. But I would also like to not to have to do it
every time. I understand that this was not the intention of the external
command, but maybe there could be another percent item, say %p, that
takes only the part of the URL that I want to, without the mailto: part.

  Maybe another solution is that I could configure lynx to start pine
everytime I want to compose a message, but that's another story.

  Thanks a have a nice day.

Eduardo