Re: lynx-dev anonymous usage of Lynx (was Arizona)

From: Ian White
Subject: Re: lynx-dev anonymous usage of Lynx (was Arizona)
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 13:02:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, Philip Webb wrote:

> Lynx started out on a campus freenet, but has long outgrown those origins
> & today tends to be installed -- a/a used -- mainly by individuals
> running Linux, Windows or DOS or shell-account users on UNIX (like me).
> there appears to be no-one currently developing Lynx
> who also runs an anonymous site & so is motivated to be security guru,
> so i'ld say we have to ask managers of sites with anonymous users
> to contribute their own time & skills to the effort insofar as they can:
> otherwise, they should not expect security vs anonymous miscreants
> to have any kind of priority in future Lynx development efforts.

What about non-anonymous security? Places where Lynx (with restrictions)
is a shell for users (with their own seperate accounts). Is this something
that will continue to be developed in the future for Lynx, or should
freenet style systems start looking now for something else that meets
their needs?

Ian

Ian White
email: address@hidden