Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.6 : comments

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.6 : comments
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 18:05:03 -0400 (EDT)

> > An easy way to answer this: change "/* #undef FANCY_CURSES ... */" to
> > "#define FANCY_CURSES 1" in lynx_cfg.h; `make`; see if any symbols are
> > not found.
>
> All of these symbols are apparently found. It compiles with this
> modification. The problem is  that when I then try using it, it looks

then FANCY_CURSES should be defined - I still don't know why.
(I tested pre.8 on IRIX 6.2 this afternoon using SGI's curses, and
it works properly afaik).

> fine at first, but it doesn't accept enters/returns in the options
> menu input portion.

that sounds more like a mismatch between the terminal emulator and
its description (or trying to use wyse50 "arrow keys", which are
the same as the vi editing codes).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden