Re: lynx-dev Proposed patch (DOS related)

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Proposed patch (DOS related)
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 11:47:02 +0900 (JST)

> environment or from command-line. The 'LYNXCFG_HELP' was supposed to point us
> out to clear distribution's lynx.cfg as a source for about 90Kb of comments
> (LYNX_CFG_FILE from autoconf seems to be a best candidate on UNIX).

Yes/No.  In my particular situation disk space comes at an extreme premium.
Therefore before even running autoconf, I switch my 1300 byte lynx.cfg for
the huge distribution one.  In other words I fool autoconf into installing
my custom lynx.cfg rather than the distribution one.  I do the same with
the main help menu because I need a door to two sets of help (ja and en).

So how do I teach how to rewrite lynx.cfg in my class?  I put the distribution
lynx.cfg on my http server, and hardcode that URL.  This very same option
has been asked for concerning the help files, and I'm working on it, but with
my coding skills it'll take at least another half-year.  Concerning the
annotated lynx.cfg, it could be set to point to "http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/
current/lynx2-8-1/lynx.cfg", much as the default help points to "http://
www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/lynx_help/lynx_help_main.html".  Of course we should
get Scott's okay on something like this.

Just rambling for 2-8-2.

__Henry