Re: lynx-dev Re: who owns what

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: who owns what
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 09:01:31 -0400 (EDT)

981009 Nelson Henry Eric quote Bela Lubkin:
>> you're being slightly overprotected against are *anyone with shell access*
>> on the machine on which you run Lynx
> Philip, this is the second time Bela has stated this.
> The problem in question here only has meaning in the context
> of people who have shell access.
> Why should "anonymous" (=captive account) enter into the discussion
> when with such accounts users don't have shell access?

Bela is wrong: i have directed him -- for the 2nd time --
to the messages in the Archive which started the security flap
which resulted in the ill-thought-out piece of programming (BL's opinion)
which prevented me from saving  .lynxrc :
those messages explicitly refer to problems with anonymous users.

see also my message today (to come next) replying to LP & TD,
who have got the issue right finally ... (smile to them).