Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.9

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.9
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 19:14:07 -0400 (EDT)

>1998-10-10 (2.8.1pre.9)
>* add verbose_links variable to lynx.cfg and userdefs.h to control whether Lynx
>  should show "(LINK)" before links (request/patch by Moshe Zadka
>  <address@hidden>) - TD

Why aren't numbered links sufficient to identify links?
All this new feature does is add unnecessary verbage to solve
a problem that is already solved by numbered links.
Also, if you're going to identify "links" in this way,
why not also identify text entry fields and other form
input buttons?  Again, changing your keypad mode already does this.

I think this feature should be removed before someone starts using it...
Comments welcome from persons using braille or speech.
--le