Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.9

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.9
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 07:51:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Nelson Henry Eric wrote:

> I'm fighting to keep this option, if possible, until 1) it is proven that
> the new forms-based method is absolutely safe for anonymous mode, and 2)
> a key is implemented to go to the previous field, i.e., a key which moves
> the cursor in the opposite direction as the [TAB] key.  With the Fujitsu
> FMR70 and telnet which will run on it, there is no way to go back up the
> form option menu should you change your mind.  Filling out forms on these
> machines remains one of the most challenging problems facing my students,
> and it would be a nightmare to have to teach them how to use the new option
> menu (despite my own personal preference).  When these two are done, then

I take it from your comments that you don't have an up-arrow on this
emulation. There are two solutions that I see. In the defaults lynx.cfg,
enable either or both of VI keys or LINKS_AND_FORMS_ARE_NUMBERED. The
former allows the hjkl keys (once you tab off a text entry form or use
CTL-V), or the goto link (same proviso).

Actually there is a third option. Can't you do a KEYMAP in the default
lynx.cfg for mapping the key of your choice to UPARROW?
                              Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)